Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oh Panera.. how I love thee..

Panera's Broccoli Cheddar


Probably one of my favorite soups of all time. I'm also terribly partial to their french onion. I have yet to determine if my love springs from the wonderful flavor of the soup, the accompanying bread, or both.

It's a wonderfully creamy soup with great flavor.
Obvious ingredients:
broccoli
cheddar cheese
carrot
Beyond that I would imagine:
butter
garlic
onion
salt & white pepper
chicken broth
flour
milk/light cream

Here is someone's best guess at the real recipe.

I would expect there will be a couple more Panera posts on here..
I'd also like to point out how happy I am with the direction Panera has gone with in terms of their place settings.. I genuinely enjoy the actual plates, etc. over their previous basket w/ kidney plates.

Not wikipedia.. but some history..

No comments:

Post a Comment